Monday, October 24, 2011

2nd Quarter Recap 2010

Okay so 2nd quarter was definitely a bit more laid back than the first part of the year. It started out with a trip to Vegas right after the New York Auto show...not skipping a beat for the NAB Convention.

After a few days there I came home to enjoy my birthday present from my hubby which was a package of salsa lessons for the two of us at Bailamos!:)


  

I wish I could post a picture but I don't have any lol, we had a great time though and we both learned a lot...especially at how bad we really were haha!

Whenever I can, I volunteer at high schools down in Orange County for several FCA programs (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) with a dear friend of mine Brad Stanfield. He spearheads the FCA programs in Orange County and has me share my testimony with the kids in hopes of inspiring others to go for what they want in life despite hardship and/or challenges. I was a scholarship track athlete in college and I tell them where I came from and what I had to go though to get there. I hope that my testimony speaks to them and pray that the Lord can use me to speak His love into their lives in a way that they they can understand. If you want to see the entire blog entry that my dear friend Brad Stanfield writes, you can check it out at:

North OC FCA Blog

If you feel moved to donate

Or you can just see the video below where I share my testimony to a group of athletes at Orange Lutheran High School:


I sometimes wonder if the kids even realize how much they inspire me....I can only hope to do the same for them!

In May, I filmed a commercial for a company called Notefax. I worked with a company called Global Media Marketing and little did I know that this commercial would lead to a whole bunch of other work! I have come to love the little family over at Global Media and enjoy working with them each and every shoot:)



Also in May I went to San Francisco to spend some time with my beloved girlfriends from college to celebrate a dual bachelorette party! We had a blast to say the least:)








 



Work-wise things were pretty quiet. Not to say I didn't have work but nothing too big:) I did nab a magazine spread in an up-and-coming magazine in Hollywood toward the end of June. The spread is below.



That's all for the 2nd quarter of 2010 folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment