Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Write a letter to yourself....

I heard a very curious story on NPR yesterday while I was driving around to my various auditions. It was about a 23-year-old mother who writes a regular blog and asked some of her older followers to write a letter to their 20-something selves in hopes of learning from their gained wisdom. So I thought I'd throw it out there....write a letter to yourself 5 years ago. I'd love to hear and learn from what you have learned.

I'll go first:)

Chelsea,
You just graduated college, you have the whole world ahead of you. I know you are in a job that sucks the life out of you right now but be thankful for it because it is going to make you hate that kind of work so much it will force you to do something more brave than you ever imagined.....become an entrepreneur. Sounds weird right? Just be patient it will be something you never imagined for your life:)

Things will be difficult for a while, but just know that God has bigger plans for you....TRUST ME I'm on the other side of it and you will be so much happier in a few years than you could have ever dreamed.  Stay strong, trust your gut instincts (God gave them to you for a reason) and try to love everyone around you the best that you can.

Believe in yourself, and your ability to be successful and happy. Work hard (like you always do) and remember to take time to relax and treat yourself to something nice once in a while:) I am proud of what you are about to embark upon! You are a strong and capable woman....always remember that.

Love,
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment