Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Paris...that's a wrap folks!



Ok so my goal was to write for every day that I was there....so I kinda fizzled out on the last six days I was there...oops.

Well just wanted to put a re-cap on the end of my trip there. Well THANK GOD that the crew decided to push up the photo shoot and the teaser reel filming days because otherwise I don't think I would have been able to push through with my hip-flexor injury. As it was, I got some awesome pain killers from my "Frenchie" doctor and with those combined with the two days of rest, I was back to business.

We filmed the remainder of the intermediate level workouts to make sure those were in the bag and to also take it easy on my hip-flexor my first day back. I was actually surprised at how great it felt! Well it was just one day of filming and then it was onto my two days off in Paris, Christmas Eve and Christmas!!!

The next day, Christmas eve, my mom, step dad Dan, Ryan and I all set off to try and soak up as much as possible in Paris!

First off we set out to buy all the fixings for Christmas dinner that we planned on making the next day. We seriously got enough food and wine for an ARMY! After that we headed out....first stop the LOUVRE!

So there we were at the helm of the Mona Lisa and, "What was that you say? The Louvre closes in 15 minutes?! You can't even buy a ticket if you wanted to?! Nooo!!!!" POO....no seriously poo....there was poo all over Ryan's shoes from the metro ride over to the Louvre and not only did his shoes stink but so did that situation. I was sooo bummed that we missed it but I tried to swallowed my disappointment as we headed off to see Notre Dame. Here are a few pics from the day:


A street performance band that was playing in the metro for tips. They were awesome!

Notre Dame! It was a cold day but at least there was a Christmas tree!!


A small wooden replica of the Cathedral

After Notre Dame we headed off to see Sacre Coer, another amazing cathedral in Paris. I didn't get any pictures of that church for some reason but it was, in my opinion, much more spectacular than Notre Dame. We intended to go to the Christmas eve service, but we were all so tired by the time we got there that we only stayed for a few minutes. Afterward we headed off to get some grub and along the way we saw the Eiffel tower in lights! Check out the quick video below:


little did I know that this was going to be the last time I'd see a clear view of the Eiffel Tower.
We walked past the tower and headed to a restaurant that Ryan had been trying to check out for a few days. We got all the way there and saw it was closed so we headed into a place right next door that turned out to be AMAZING!!


Enjoying wine and awesome food together!
The next day we cooked pretty much all day. Ryan was up bright and early posting up in the kitchen....my amazing chef:)


We enjoyed Christmas dinner together and my old college buddy Lisa and her husband Erich (who happened to be in Paris on a vacation of their own) came over and joined us! It was an awesome, quiet and relaxing day:) 

The next two days were a whirlwind. My mom and Dan came to the studio the next morning to check out a filming. We started the day with the final episode....the MOTHER LOAD workout number 30!!! It nearly killed me lol!! I was so tired after that and I still had THREE more 45 minute episodes to film! They wanted me to do episode 30 when I was fresh and to make sure they got it in the can. The next day was the FINAL DAY of filming and thank God I only had three episodes left. It wasn't too bad actually and I was so hopped up on adrenaline from excitement of finishing that I wasn't even that tired! Here are some shots of my last day:
Raj and Robinson...two of the camera crew guys!


 
 One of my final boards and my view from in front of the camera.


The studio!!






 Hallelujah!! My LAST BOARD!!! And my beloved camera girl Lucy (left) and my view from in front of the camera (right).



Lucy hookin' me up with the mic and then me being a dork (big surprise:)
The technical board where I show what body parts you are engaging with certain moves. 


Charlie...the boom camera....poor Charly had issues. 



The CREW!!!

A beloved goodbye to my every day lunch:)

On our final night in Paris we decided to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower....great decision to wait until the last night....it was TOTALLY FOGGY!! LOL:) You couldn't see a thing from the top but it was a fun time anyhow. 

A tribute to the Statue of Liberty in Paris

You can see how foggy it was....but beautiful nonetheless!!

REVIOR PARIS!! UNTIL NEXT TIME:)






3 comments:

  1. You rock!!!! And the fact that you eat candy bars everyday for lunch.....well makes me a bit jealous, just saying....LOL! I am glad you shared, I was enjoying your posts, I wondered what happened:-) Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terra! And no, I don't NORMALLY eat candy bars for lunch lol, but I gotta tell ya, I was burning so many calories in Paris I was pretty much eating whatever was in front of my face just to keep moving! It was hard weaning myself off of all the junk food when I got back to the states and my exercise levels went way down! haha:)Trust me, I too wish I could eat candy bars every day but if I did I'd be as big as a house in no time. Hope you are well!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete